Chamber events, monthly luncheons with informative speakers and current events!
Local Reach: Benefit from local advertising!
- Free listing on Chamber Website, including a photograph, contact information, information regarding company products and services, and a link to your business website)
- Multiple listings under your choice of category headings
- Special pricing on cooperative advertising
- Coverage of business events on the Chamber Facebook page and Website
- Encouragement by Chamber Office to shop in member stores
Regional Reach: Expand your regional advertising presence.
- Eastern Iowa Tourism Magazine
- Gazette Communications
- Amana Tour Guide
- Cedar Rapids Corridor
- Travel Federation Legacy Showcase
- All the Iowa Welcome Centers
- Travel Iowa Magazine
- Our Iowa Magazine
- Telegraph Herald
- Vacationland Publication
- Des Moines Register
- Vacation Get-Away Publication Monthly newsletter
- Presence at Iowa State Fair promoting Kalona products & tourism
The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of CommerceA Research Study, conducted by the Shapiro Group
- Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local Chamber is an effective business strategy.
- Members are more effective at communicating to consumers that its company uses good overall practices.
- Members are more effective at communicating to consumers that their business is reputable.
- Companies that are highly involved in their Chamber are perceived by consumers as having products that stack up better than their competition.
- When a consumer thinks a company’s products are better than the competition, it is because the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, cares about its customers, is successful and is a leader in the business community.
- When consumers know that a small business is a Chamber member, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or service from them in the future.
What are our members saying?
Being active in the local chamber of commerce is a good strategy for businesses to use in communicating each of these four specific company traits. It is an effective way to convey to consumers that a company uses good business practices, is involved in the community, cares about its customers and is reputable, regardless of what they already think about the company. Locally, Kalona Chamber Members responded with the following statistics:
- 92% were willing to donate time and funds to support Chamber sponsored events
- 86% thought the dues were reasonable
- 50% were very satisfied with Chamber efforts to promote Kalona