Get to know the Kalona Area Chamber!
Encouraging growth and economic well-being.
The Kalona Chamber is a non-profit business organization, supported by membership of the Kalona Community merchants and businesses, and was originally organized to advance the economic, industrial, professional, ethnic, cultural and civic welfare of Kalona and the surrounding area. We are an association of business professionals, who foster cooperative relationships between varying types of businesses and organizations in the community by working together to discuss strategies to achieve the group’s goals and objectives, it is directed by its members, who elect officers and a Board of Directors. The Executive Committee consists of: President, President-Elect, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Past President. All positions are voluntary.
Goals and Objectives
- To develop a unified effort to plan and expand the future growth, quality of life and the business environment of the Kalona community.
- To provide programs and activities for the benefit of our members.
- To evaluate strengths and weaknesses of the community.
- To involve existing members and new members in the programs of the Chamber.
- Promote Kalona with advertising and activities designed to encourage tourism and economic well-being
- Encourage growth of existing industries and businesses, while providing assistance to new firms and individuals
- Support activities that are believed to be beneficial to the community
- Promote the welfare of all area citizens, following those general principles intended to accomplish the greater good for the greatest number of people.
- Keep the Kalona Chamber of Commerce Website current
- Communicate with members via a monthly Newsletter and luncheon meetings
- Sponsor and participate in Community Events such as Iowa State Fair, Fall Festival and the Spring Quilt Show
2017 Board of Directors
- Casey Peck – President
- Jan Peterseim – Secretary
- Melissa Schumaker
- Alvin Kramer
- Justin Schrock
- Marcus Hall
- Nick Jedlicka
- Lisa Johnson
- Joel Brokaw
- Nancy Roth – Kalona Historical Village
- Ryan Schlabaugh – Liaison City of Kalona
- Phil Ropp – Economic Development
- Gary Kallaus – Liaison Kalona Historical Village