Check out our
In late 2018, we completed a strategic plan to guide our organization for the next three to five years. Each strategy noted below includes “tactics” that provides a roadmap for our director, staff, board of directors and volunteers. Click an objective to learn more.
Objective 1: Support existing members and grow association memberships.
- Improve communication with existing members.
- Enhance existing benefits and create new opportunities for members.
- Communicate benefits to potential members.
- Provide digital advertising services.
- Provide print advertising services.
Objective 2: Improve the Chamber's corporate identity.
- Refine the mission and vision for the Chamber.
- Rebrand the Chamber.
- Improve the Chamber’s reputation at the industry level.
- Renovate and update the Chamber offices.
Objective 3: Maintain financial stability.
- Develop and refine annual budget.
- Utilize volunteer resources.
- Take advantage of grant opportunities to fund special projects or events.
- Improve cash procedures.
Objective 4: Improve the functional structure of the organization.
- Increase the operational efficiency of Chamber representatives.
- Formalize policy and procedures to maintain consistency.
Objective 5: Maintain a high level of service for tourists.
- Enhance existing tour opportunities.
- Increase regional awareness of Kalona and its offerings to visitors.
Objective 6: Recruit business and families to establish in Kalona.
- Work with local governments to foster an economic climate suitable for prospective businesses and homeowners.
- Encourage development in Kalona that aligns with the Kalona Comprehensive Plan.